Ministry Employment Opportunities
Here you can find ministry employment opportunities that have been submitted to ULS.
Please note: Listings will be removed from this page after 30 days.
08/27/2020 - St. Michael Lutheran Church (ELCA) in Unionville, PA, has an immediate need for a Music Director/Organist with strong communication and interpersonal skills to lead or supervise a variety of music programs. Currently the church has two adult choirs, one adult hand bell choir, one high school vocal and handbell choir, and one elementary vocal and handbell choir. The candidate being able to direct handbells and youth/children’s choirs would be preferred, but is not required.
The church has a Rodgers 950 organ, a Yamaha C5 piano, two brand new Kawai digital pianos (Concert Artist and Concert Performer), a five-octave set of handbells, a five-octave set of chimes, several Orff instruments, and an extensive choral and bell music library.
Located in Southern Chester County near Longwood Gardens, St. Michael is a congregation of 200 active family/individual units, with an average Sunday attendance for two services of 200. The sanctuary, built in 1997, seats 250.
Additional information on responsibilities:
· Arrange for all music for all Sunday worship services, to include prelude, liturgy, Psalmody, hymns, offertory, special music, and postlude (two services during school year and one service in summer).
· Be responsible for all vocal and instrumental music and choirs, including recruiting and rehearsals.
· Provide music for weddings and funerals and other special services throughout the year.
· Able to provide organ or piano accompaniment and direct virtual choirs and small ensembles during this time of pandemic.
· Direct and supervise the activities of any and all assistant music directors.
We are looking for someone with a strong personal Christian faith, who sees church music as a way to express that faith.
Interested candidates are urged to send questions and/or their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of Janet Weber, Search Committee Chairperson.
For further information, the church office may be contacted at 610-347-1696.