Filing a Student Complaint

In most cases, state regulations require students to use internal institutional complaint resolution processes before bringing their complaint to the state or accrediting agency level. Institutions must provide both current and prospective students with contact information for filing complaints with its accrediting body and the appropriate state agency for handling complaints in a student’s resident state.

United Lutheran Seminary students should follow the complaint procedures described in Section 13.4.1 of the ULS Student Handbook. If you are unable to resolve your complaint satisfactorily, and you are a resident of a SARA state (click here for a list), you may file a complaint using the “Complaint Form for Colleges & Universities” located at the Pennsylvania Department of Education web site.

ULS is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. Students may also file a complaint with the Commission using the complaint form available at the MSCHE web site