Information for New Students
Welcome to United Lutheran Seminary! Now that you're admitted, here are some useful tips to get acclimated.
- Visit the Registrar's page to find out more about course descriptions and schedules and to access other important information and forms.
- Henry is the seminary’s website used for student account information and Canvas is the course management system. You should have received your Henry ID and password from the IT Department. If not, contact ITHelp@uls.edu. You will receive your PIN number from your advisor. The PIN number is required to register online.
- Your ULS email account. All students will be assigned and are required to use a ULS email account. Once your Commitment Letter is received please complete the Student Email Application . Important information from faculty and administrative offices is sent to this address, and you are responsible for all communications sent to your email address. Your email and password will also give you access to Henry and Canvas.
- Your Student ID Card and campus mailbox. Please email Jim Ziebell on the Philadelphia Campus or Grainne Davies on the Gettysburg Campus to get set up with your Student ID and campus mailbox.
- Student Handbook. Please take time to read the Handbook, especially all policy statements, as you are responsible for abiding by seminary policy.
- Financial Aid questions? Visit our webpage.
- Computer Requirement. All students are required to have have regular access to appropriately equipped computers; therefore, it is strongly advised that all students purchase computer systems (laptops preferred) and software according to the suggested guidelines found in the Student Handbook. Students may include computer hardware and software expenses in the cost of attendance for purposes of seeking financial aid and/or student loans. The Biblical Studies faculty requires all MDiv students to use Accordance Bible software as part of their studies. Information for ordering it at a reduced price will be provided at the start of the fall term. Exceptions may be made with permission of Bible faculty.
- Library. There are two libraries: one in Gettysburg and one in Philadelphia. Learn more.
- Food Pantries for students. The food pantry in Gettysburg is located on the fourth floor of Valentine Hall and in Philadelphia on the first floor of Wiedemann Hall.
For questions and information please contact:
Philadelphia campus: PHL-Pantry@uls.edu
Gettysburg campus: GBG-Pantry@uls.edu
- YWCA Gettyburg Membership. Annual passes can be purchased in the mailroom in Valentine Hall in Gettysburg for $75. Appointment required by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. Cash or checks payable to "United Lutheran Seminary." Passes are available to all ULS students, faculty and staff.